Monday 25 September 2017

Oh wow, look at this sudden display of masculinity

The Feminist Superheroes vs The Meninists
Chosen by me at Thought Bubble by just wandering around 
and picking up things that caught my eye.


I find reviewing comics much harder than films. My critical faculties seem less sharp, I'm never sure how to talk about the art and writing as a piece together. This doubles down for small press stuff. 
So I dont really have much to say on this.
It's jokey on the nose title made me pick it up and it continues in that vein through the small 10 pages or so.
It's funny, filled with hot button issues and silly gags.
The art is simple but sometimes the crammed panel layout reduces the impact of a joke.
Still, a slight but fun comic.

You can find work by the creator here silviacarrus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment